Non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have exploded over the recent months. From art collections like that from Artblock to our favourite profile picture avatars like Punks, BAYC and Cool Cats. NFTs are currently the hottest asset with trading volumes in the billions! But are NFTs really here to stay?
What is a Non-Fungible Token?
In economics, a fungible asset like dollars can be readily interchanged while still maintaining the same value because their value defines them rather than their unique properties. For example, swapping a $10 note for two $5 notes.
However, if something is non-fungible, this is impossible — these things are not interchangeable with other items because they have unique properties. For example, a painting like the Mona Lisa.
NFTs are tokens that can be thought of as certificates that represent ownership of these unique non-fungible items. They let us tokenize everything from art, collectables, to even real estate. They can only have one official owner at a time and most NFTs are secured by the Ethereum blockchain — the record can’t be forged because the ledger is maintained by computers around the world.
How do you trade NFTs?
There are many marketplaces to buy and sell NFTs. Depending on which marketplace you choose, you’ll be able to purchase different types of art or collectables. As most NFTs are Ethereum-based, the majority of the trading volume and marketplaces are all on Ethereum. Each platform operates slightly different so we compounded a list of the most popular marketplaces on Ethereum.
OpenSea is the largest NFT marketplace that operates on Ethereum. Users can interact with the platform to exchange NFTs for cryptocurrencies or vice versa. It offers a variety of digital collectables, from music to digital artwork. To use the platform, you need a web3 cryptocurrency wallet such as MetaMask. Your Ethereum wallet address acts as a username and password and lets you interact with certain platforms like OpenSea. Once you’ve connected your wallet, you’re ready to start browsing the market and placing bids!
SuperRare is a peer-to-peer marketplace for buying and selling single-edition digital artwork. The site receives a lot of traffic and is home to a curated selection of artists and brands. What makes SuperRare so unique are its social features giving the site the feel of an online magazine. The platform operates with Ethereum’s network, so you’ll need to fund your account with Ether to make your purchase.
Nifty Gateway is an NFT marketplace owned by the popular cryptocurrency exchange Gemini. The platform is structured around ‘’drops’’, in which collections are made available for a limited time. The company also has a secondary marketplace that allows collectors to resell artwork. You can fund your Nifty account with Ethereum, or you can connect a credit card directly on its website.
Rarible is an Ethereum-based platform that facilitates the creation, sale, and purchase of ownership rights to digital works of art via non-fungible tokens (NFTs). In the midst of a shift to become a decentralized autonomous organization, Rarible will soon be governed by the rules of the Ethereum blockchain, which allows for the public, permissionless use. A governance token known as RARI allows the most active buyers and sellers to vote for platform upgrades and participate in moderation decisions.
Centralized NFT marketplaces
Binance, one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges around the world, announced the launch of its own NFT marketplace in June 2021. Their aim is to provide the largest NFT trading platform in the world with the best minting, buying and exchanging experience, by leveraging the fastest and cheapest solutions powered by Binance blockchain infrastructure and community.
While no one knows exactly what the future will bring, we can tell with certainty that NFTs will play a major role in many industries. Mizar is committed to be part of this innovative movement and move NFT trading to the next phase. We think that NFTs and especially NFT trading will develop and gain further adoption very soon.
Mizar is a next-gen trading platform where traders can search for strategies to securely allocate capital or get access to a wide range of trading tools to put their assets in motion. Mizar makes trading simpler and accessible to everyone, subscription-free.
Join Coinmonks Telegram Channel and Youtube Channel learn about crypto trading and investing
- YouHodler vs CoinLoan vs Hodlnaut | Cryptohopper vs HaasBot
- How to buy Bitcoin Anonymously | Bitcoin Cash Wallets
- Binance vs FTX | Best (SOL) Solana Wallets
- How to Swap Crypto on Uniswap?
- 3Commas vs. Pionex vs. Cryptohopper
- Binance vs Kraken | Dollar-Cost Averaging Trading Bot
- 10 Best Crypto Exchange in Singapore | Buy AXS
- Best Crypto to Invest in India | HitBTC Review
- Best Crypto Trading bots in Canada | Staking Crypto
- How to buy Bitcoin in India? | WazirX Review
- Bitcoin Taproot | Bitso Review | Top 6 Bitcoin Credit Card
- Best Free Crypto Signals | YoBit Review | Bitbns Review
- Crypto Trading Signals for Huobi | BitMEX Review
- 7 Best Zero Fee Crypto Exchange Platforms | Hardware Wallets
- Decentralized Exchanges | Bitbns FIP | Pionex Review
- 10 Best Places to Buy Crypto with Credit Card
- OKEx Review | Kucoin Trading Bot| Futures Trading Bots
- AscendEx Staking | Bot Ocean Review | Best Bitcoin Wallets
- Huobi Review | OKEx Margin Trading | Futures Trading
- Godex.io Review | Invity Review | BitForex Review
- Binance Fees | Botcrypto Review | Crypto.com Alternatives
- What are the Trading Signals? | Bitstamp vs Coinbase | Buy Solana
- ProfitFarmers Review | How to use Cornix Trading Bot
- MXC Exchange Review | Pionex vs Binance | Pionex Arbitrage Bot
- My Experience with Crypto Copy Trading | Coinbase Review
- CoinFLEX Review | AEX Exchange Review | UPbit Review
- AscendEx Margin Trading | Bitfinex Staking | bitFlyer Review
- Sparrow Exchange Review | Nash Exchange Review
- Uphold Card Review | Trust Wallet vs MetaMask
- Exness Review | MoonXBT Vs Bitget Vs Bingbon
- How to Start Earning Passive Income With Crypto Lending
- Cryptocurrency Savings Accounts | Crypto Trading Bots
- BigONE Exchange Review | CEX.IO Review | Swapzone Review
- Best Bitcoin Margin Trading| Bityard Margin Trading
- Crypto Margin Trading Exchanges | Earn Bitcoin
- WazirX vs CoinDCX vs Bitbns | BlockFi vs CoinLoan vs Nexo
- BlockFi Credit Card | How to buy Bitcoin on Binance
- Huobi Trading Bot | How to buy ADA | Geco.One Review
- Crypto Copy Trading Platforms | Top 5 BlockFi Alternatives
- CoinLoan Review | Crypto.com Review | Huobi Margin Trading
- Bybit vs Binance | StealthEX Review | Probit Review
- Top paid cryptocurrency and blockchain courses
- How to use BitMEX in the USA? | BitMEX Review