At 10:45 PM GMT+1 today, Cardano will be launching its much-anticipated Alonzo hard fork on its mainnet. This is a major milestone on the development roadmap of the cardano network as this upgrade will kickstart the implementation of smart contract functionality on the network.
The importance of smart contracts to an ecosystem’s traction cannot be overemphasized. This brings in more developers into the network, more projects, more investors, more use-cases and overall an increase in the value of its native token.
Before we dive deep into what the latest upgrade promises, let’s look at how this affects the blockchain space.
Clash of the titans.
Ethereum launched the smart contract functionality in July 2015. This birthed many blockchain projects in the ethereum network and created more use cases for blockchain generally. 6 years down the line, we have more projects implementing smart contracts, and more use cases such as DeFi,crowdfunding, NFTs and many more. The downside of building on the ethereum network is the high gas fees due to network congestion. Developers don’t want to build in the ethereum network as much as before, as it costs a lot to build DApps and make transactions on the network. Ethereum also doesn’t offer the fastest network speed for transactions.
Cardano covers these loopholes that have plagued the ethereum network in recent years. With a faster network speed that allows more transactions per second, a significantly lower transaction fee and the release of the smart contract functionality, Cardano poses to be a more appealing network for developers and new projects to build on.
What to expect
With the smart contract functionality implemented, new projects and blockchain use-cases will be launched on cardano in the coming weeks and months. Two major use-cases cardano enthusiasts are looking forward to are DeFi and NFTs.
NFTs have become one of the most trendy and rather controversial use cases of blockchain, and it is here to stay. With smart contract functionality on Cardano, NFT projects and marketplaces will be built on the network.
What does this mean for ADA?
ADA, the native token for the Cardano ecosystem is posed to increase in value in coming weeks and months. As earlier stated in this article, the smart contract functionality will attract more developers to build more projects on the network . This will increase the utility of the project and attract more investors to the ecosystem. All of this indicates a bullish trend for the coin which peaked at $3.07 in early September and currently trades at $2.6. ADA at $2.6 is a steal if you ask me. Grab a bag. Cheers.
Join Coinmonks Telegram Channel and Youtube Channel learn about crypto trading and investing
- What is Margin Trading | Dollar-Cost Averaging
- BigONE Exchange Review | Grid Trading Bot
- Best Crypto Trading Signals Telegram | MoonXBT Review
- Godex.io Review | Invity Review | BitForex Review
- Huobi Trading Bot | How to buy ADA | Geco.One Review
- Binance vs Bitstamp | Bitpanda vs Coinbase vs Coinsbit
- How to buy Ripple (XRP) | Best Crypto Exchanges in Africa
- Best Crypto Exchanges in Africa | Hoo Exchange Review
- eToro vs Robinhood | MoonXBT vs Bybit vs Bityard
- What are the Trading Signals? | Bitstamp vs Coinbase
- ProfitFarmers Review | How to use Cornix Trading Bot
- How to Buy Domain Name on Unstoppable Domains?
- Crypto Tax in India | altFINS Review | Prokey Review
- Blockfi vs Coinbase | BitKan Review | Bexplus Review
- Crypto Exchanges In South Africa | BitMEX Crypto Signals
- MoonXBT Copy Trading | Crypto Wallets in UAE
- Remitano Review | Guide to 1inch Protocol
- Buy PancakeSwap (CAKE) | Coinswitch Kuber Review