The decentralized web — aka Web3 is just around the corner. Thanks to NBdomain, to build a decentralized site has never been so easy.
But, there is still an inconvenience. To access NBdomain powered websites, people either need to use a specific browser — Maxthon browser, install an addon to Google Chrome or use a gateway service like https://api.nbdomain.com .
In this article, we will introduce a new technology — NBlink, which is capable of linking any domain to the decentralized web. Means the users can access NBdomain powered sites using any traditional domain and any browser.
Here is how to:
- Please make sure the decentralized site is up and running. Check this for details. Let’s assume the NBdomain used is helloworld.b
- Decide the domain you want to link to the decentralized site, for example: dsite.xxx.com .
- Goto xxx.com’s DNS management panel.
Add a new TXT record for xxx.com:
4. Add a new ALIAS record for xxx.com:
note: If your DNS backend does not support ALIAS record, you can add a A record and use the IP address of api.nbdomain.com
5. Open https://api.nbdomain.com (or any other NBnode servers)and goto services
Input dsite.xxx.com and click Apply. A small fee will be charged to avoid abusing the service.
6. Wait for 1 or 2 minutes.
7. Open https://dsite.xxx.com and you shall be able to see your decentralized site.
Benefits of NBlink powered sites:
- Very low cost:
NBdomain cost: 0 (if you use a free domain)
Hosting cost: 0 (if you host the IPFS node on your own machine or use a free service)
You can always update the site content with 0 cost.
- Accessible and censorship resistant:
Since NBnode is decentralized, if one node is down or slow, you can always replace with another node.
NBnode will automatically detect and use the fastest connection.