U.S. government is targeting cryptocurrency to expand the reach of its financial surveillance
- Coinbase announced on Thursday that it has confidentially filed for a public offering, becoming the latest in a parade of high-profile startups to pursue an IPO in 2020.
- Ripple Inc. said it will defend itself against a lawsuit from the Securities and Exchange Commission that claims the company violated investor-protection laws when it sold a bitcoin-like digital asset called XRP.
- On Friday, the Department of the Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) announced a proposed regulation that would require money service businesses (which includes, for example, cryptocurrency exchanges) to collect identity data about people who transact with their customers using self-hosted cryptocurrency wallets or foreign exchanges.
Checkout our list of Best crypto trading bots.
Latest News 📰
- Ripple to face SEC suit over XRP cryptocurrency
- A midnight rule for Cryptocurrency Transaction Reports
- MSFT & EY Expanding Blockchain Platform For Gaming
- The U.S. government is targeting cryptocurrency to expand the reach of its financial surveillance
- Germany passes new legislation to introduce all-electronic securities
- CFTC releases Digital Assets Primer
- MicroStrategy announces over $1B in total Bitcoin purchases in 2020
- Kraken to launch Bitcoin Lightning integration in 2021
- Ledger won’t reimburse users after major data hack and users are threaten legal acting
- Compound’s new blockchain readies Defi for central bank digital currencies
- Silk road’s Ulbricht being considered for pardon by Trump
- CME Group announces Ethereum futures product
- The Graph network launches its mainnet
- Exmo crypto exchange suffers hack, halts all withdrawals
- Paxos, firm powering PayPal’s crypto service, raises $142M
- Flash loan attacker drains $8m from warp finance
- Tornado cash to decentralize governance via torn token
- Coinbase announces IPO in a milestone for the crypto industry
- A record $3.5m in crypto art was sold over the weekend
Tax season is coming, use the best crypto tax software to file your crypto tax.
First-ever crypto rewards credit card from BlockFi. Get 1.5% rewards in Bitcoin on your everyday purchases. Join the waiting list now.
Good Reads 📑
- Sapiens | Antifragile: A brief history of money & Bitcoin’s antifragility
- The Bitcoin RoPE
- P/E ratio for cryptocurrencies
- Our Networks: coverage of The Graph and Chainlink
- Read the full story of NXM Hack
- Attack on self-sovereignty?
- Bitcoin price temperature (Bands)
- Nigerians move beyond fiat currency
- Why I’m collecting Black crypto art
- Bitcoin implied volatility surface from Deribit
- The six segments of the cryptomarket
- How to ensure you’re running the legitimate version of MetaMask
Buy a hardware wallet and protect your cryptocurrencies.
- Querying Conflux blockchain using GraphQL APIs
- Solidity 0.8.0 release announcement
- Learn how to build ERC-721 NFTs with IPFS and Pinata
- Building with decentralized identity on IDX and Ceramic
- Why Ethereum keys are the core of space accounts
- IPFS file encryption in NodeJS
- Guide to deploying applications to Akash DeCloud
- Solidity fundamentals — Reference Types
- How real-time transaction monitoring transforms the NFT experience
- Build your decentralised governance reputation
Wanna become a Etheruem and Web3 developer? Start here.
Podcasts & Videos 💽
- All the ways crypto can make gaming more Fuf
- Diving deep into liquidity mining
- Crypto from the Outside
Hackathons, Events & Summits
- Inout 7.0 virtual hackathon challenge
- Decentralized Web Seattle meets Dec 17th
- ETHGlobal’s Market Make hackathon
Crypto Deals and Discount 🔖
- Sign up for Bybit exchange and win up to $625 in bonus.
- Get 25$ credit which you can use for fees when you join Mudrex.
- Try Coinrule and get 7 days of free trial and 25% for 3 months using this link.
Product Reviews and other crypto software📙
- Crypto tax software
- Best crypto trading bot in 2020
- Top 5 Crypto Lending Platforms in 2020
- Ledger vs Trezor
- BlockFi Review
- AAX Exchange Review
- Bitsgap vs 3Commas vs Quadency
- PrimeXBT Review — Leverage Trading, Fee and Covesting
- FTX Crypto Exchange Review
- Crypto Copy Trading Bots
- Deribit Review — Options, Fees, APIs and Testnet
- YouHodler Review — Earn 12% Interest on your Crypto
Wanna us to showcase your product? Contact us on Twitter @coinmonks
- DevOps Engineer, district0x, Remote
- Ecosystem Developer, 3Box, Remote
- BD at mStable
- Motion Designer — Kraken
- Full-Stack Engineer — Zapper
- Senior Front End Engineer — UMA
- SigmaPrime, blockchain security engineer
- 0x looking for devs of all types and a Matcha marketing manager
- Nexus Mutual: experienced Solidity dev in Euro timezones
Get published on Coinmonks
If you like to write educational articles on crypto/blockchain space and wanna get published on Coinmonks publication. Just mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me Twitter
Merry Christmas 🎄 / Ripple sued by SEC / Coinbase filed for IPO was originally published in Coinmonks on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.