Informed Collector Recommends:
Old man by Rotaru Dragos was awarded Outstanding Digital in the August 2019 BoldBrush Painting Competition.
I was born and raise in Romania and now I live in Bucharest. I studied painting, artistic styles, history art from 10 to 26 years old. It inspire me the life of day by day, music, theatre, nature and my inner feelings. I choose oil medium because in my opinion this medium helps you feel what you paint, it has a certain elasticity, it allows you to superimpose the color tones, colors that have a beautiful brilliance. The style allows me to translate my feelings on the canvas. I studied fine arts at the University of Fine Arts in Bucharest. I had Henry Mavrodin the painter who was the student of Corneliu Baba, as a teacher.
1982 - 1986 School of Art in Ploiesti, Romania
1986 - 1990 High School of Fine Arts "Nicolae Tonitza", Bucharest, Romania
1992 - 1996 University of Fine Arts Bucharest, Romania
I've had more exhibitions:
- Art Gallery of University of Fine Arts (group exhibitions)
- The Romanian National Art Museum (group exhibitions)
- Museum of Romanian Literature (group exhibitions)
- The Romanian Peasant Museum (group exhibitions)
- The Romanian Cultural Center in Paris (group exhibitions)
- World Trade Center in Bucharest (group exhibitions)