Informed Collector Recommends:
Acrylic 42 x 42
Fleeting Moments by Filomena Booth was awarded 3rd Place for Abstract in the June 2019 BoldBrush Painting Competition.
As a contemporary abstract artist working in acrylics, I am inspired by the natural beauty around me. My goal is to capture the mood of the moment on canvas, whether in an entirely abstract painting or in my abstracted interpretation of a natural scene. My work reflects my love of color and the interplay of light and texture.
Although my work is abstract, it elicits emotional responses from viewers and is frequently described as "beautiful". My paintings may, at times, be subtle and at other times bold and vibrant. Strong composition, visual texture, bold use of color and trusting my intuition are just some of the elements I employ as I explore the possibilities of my blank canvas.
My journey as an artist began a long time ago. After several years spent teaching art to high school students and several more years raising our 3 sons, I was finally able to devote myself to creating art. What initially started as a project to decorate my own home, quickly became a full-time business of supplying custom art to interior designers. In time, I "discovered" the internet and began showing my work to the world. My original paintings are found in collections throughout the US and Europe.
Today, I market my paintings almost exclusively online.
To create a powerful and moving abstract image is a gratifying experience for any artist.
To have that image appreciated by the viewer is an even greater joy.
- Newark State College (Kean University) – Union, NJ – B.A. Art Education – 1965-1969
- Montclair State College – Montclair, NJ – Graduate studies - 1970-1974
- Dunedin Art Center – Dunedin, FL - 2002-2004
- Wayne Hills High School – Art Teacher – 1969 – 1977
- Owner of De Andrade Designs, a custom art business in Safety Harbor, FL – 1986 -1995
- Art in the Square, Southlake, TX – Juror – 2007 -2008
- Raymond James Financial Annual Art Show – 2000 – 2001 Honorable Mention
- Florida Watercolor Society – 2003 American Artist Magazine Award – Shaman
- International Society of Acrylic Painters (ISAP) – 2003 Lascaux/Savior Faire Award – Earth in the Balance
- Winner Finalist - Outstanding Abstract July 2010 BoldBrush Painting Contest - sponsor: Fine Art Views Newsletter "Surrender"
- First Place in Contemporary Fine Art International 2014 Summer Abstraction Competition "Dusk"
- June 2019 BoldBrush Painting Competition - 3rd Place - Abstract by BoldBrush Jury "Fleeting Moments"
Publications and Public Art
- Cover Design for Wine and Cheese Pairings by Norm & Barbara Ray - 2006
- Southlake Stampede 2007 - Steerway to the Arts - Public Art
- Cover art - "Fragments of Thought" - for "Theology and the End of Doctrine" by Christine Helmer - 2014
- AcrylicWorks - The Best of Acrylic Painting by Nancy Reyner - 2014 - "A Matter to Consider" page 109.
- Acrylic Artist Magazine - "Trusting Intuition" by Maria Seda-Reeder - Summer 2015
Gallery Representation 1987 - Present
- First Impressions - Palm Harbor, FL - 1987-1989
- Greywolf Gallery – Clearwater, FL – 1989 – 1992
- Art At the Plaza – Indian Rocks, Florida – 1992-1994
- Studio 1212, Clearwater, FL – 2002-2004
- Florida Progress Art Gallery – New Port Richey, FL – 2003
- So-Oh Fine Art Gallery – Lincoln, NE - 2005
- Creative Arts Studio, Colleyville, TX – 2005
- ARTS – Association of local Texas artists – 2005-2007
- Trees of the Field- Southlake, TX – 2007
- La Montage - Lewisville, TX - 2009
- The Muse Fine Art Gallery, Denver, CO - 2012-2013
- First Avenue Contemporary Art Gallery - Ketchum, ID - 2012-2013
- The Good Art Company - Fredericksburg, TX - 2012-2014
- Florida Artists Gallery - Floral City, FL - 2016
Online Gallery Representation