Libra = Facebook stable coin, and because it’s an open source so let have some fun!
- Guide : https://developers.libra.org/docs/welcome-to-libra#clients
- Server : Use this DigitalOcean link to get free credit
- Coffee! ☕
Spawn new server
Nothing fancy here, I will go with MVP as usual. After this step you should get ipv4 for ssh in.
If you stuck here please google for “how to ssh into DigitalOcean”, it’s off topic here sorry!
Clone the Libra Core Repository
Once you getting in, let’s follow doc step which is…
# Clone the Libra Core Repository
git clone https://github.com/libra/libra.git
# Setup Libra Core
# Build Libra CLI Client and Connect to the Testnet
protoc version is too old. Update protoc to 3.6.0 or above. Abort
First thing first, check your protoc version
You should get…
Which is not match 3.6.0 obviously, so let’s upgrade it.
Protip : On macOs you could just…
brew install protoc
No brew? Install Homebrew then
/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
Back to our beloved Ubuntu, Let’s install protoc (3.8.0 ATM)
And you should get…
Protobuf is already install yeah!
It take loooong time to compile
- Drink coffee ☕ we prepare above
- Feed your cat
- Wait for it (~80 minutes for building release version)
: error adding symbols: Memory exhausted
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
error: aborting due to previous error
error: Could not compile `client`.
Use swapfile 4Gb (or use new 4Gb droplet)
Download and run
curl -OL https://gist.githubusercontent.com/katopz/45cd6ccb59b046c1c71a130cd728c9d7/raw/e218b269a00f0d8b8eb13f0ef8d4fe30ce8cf406/do-swap.sh
And you should get…
From this point you should be able to “Create Alice’s and Bob’s Account” by following official guide below…
- Use DigitalOcean with more than 4Gb of ram, swapfile is not recommend for production
- Upgrade protoc version to match libra need (3.6.0 or above)
- Coffee and Cat is optional!
- RESTful for libra testnet
- GraphQL for libra testnet
- React Hook with libra testnet
To support content like this please feel free to tip me via…PayPal
So I can buy some cloud credit for more libra testing and maybe libra through that later, Thanks! :)