Informed Collector Recommends:
Acrylic 71 x 79
Boy on horse by Mathieu Nozieres was awarded the BoldBrush Award in the April 2019 BoldBrush Painting Competition.
Mathieu Nozieres was born in Grenoble, France in 1988. Growing up as a free-spirited and inquisitive individual, Mathieu soon discovered his love for comic arts and drawing, naturally. It was his most interesting way to spend time, observing and experiencing the world, telling stories through his drawing.
Graduating from the St. Lucas School of arts in Belgium at a young age, and armed with a basic comic drawing background, Mathieu then pursued and graduated with a Masters degree in fine arts (painting) in Belgium in 2012.
His oil paintings develops around the interest he has for mankind and the world, his topics often feature protagonists accompanied by a horse or a bird, symbolising a certain kind of freedom that surges within our desires. Mathieu's artworks are often inspired by Jean Giraud (comics), Rubens, Delacroix and Géricault (painting) and Rimbaud (poetry). Combined with a certain sense for contemporary themes,
Mathieu has cherished the opportunity to bring forward the lust for the co-existence between past and present, imbuing a lingering continuity in his artworks.
Mathieu has also began to specialize his art experience and culture by teaching European art across countries like China, Belgium, France and Morocco for the last 5 years. His extensive travel has enriched his creative viewpoint and experiences, extending his main field of exploration, reflection and experimentation in his artworks.
Mathieu's paintings have been selected for showcase throughout France, Belgium, Austria, Germany, England, Netherlands and China, including his solo exhibition “Nouvelles peintures” in La Louve Gallery, Belgium, Mobil'Art 2019, 9th Biennale of Contemporary Arts, Belgium, Art Karlsruhe with Galerie Charron, Germany. His works also have won several awards, like the BoldBrush Award (April 2019), Nominee of the Louis Schmidt painting prize 2018 and Nominee of the Montaigne prize 2017, Culture category.
Ashling Aileron, 2019.
°1988, Grenoble, France
- 2012 - China Academy of Arts, Hangzhou, China.
- 2011-2012 Graduated Master in Fine Arts, Royal Academy of Arts, Painting department, Liege, Belgium.
- 2010-2011 Graduated Bachelor in Fine Arts, St-Lucas School of Arts, Painting department, Liege, Belgium.
- 2009-2010 University of Art and Design, Erasmus grant, Painting department, Cluj-Napoca, Romania.
- 2007-2009 St-Lucas School of Arts, Comic strip department, Liege, Belgium.
- 2007 Graduated from Emmanuel Mounier High School, Litterature department, Grenoble, France.
Teaching experience :
- 2018 - Director and teacher at Oujda Beaux-Arts, Oujda, Morocco.
- 2017 - Painting teacher at Woluwart studio, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2016 - Drawing teacher at AEP, Le Sappey en Chartreuse, France.
- 2012 - Teaching European Arts at Hangzhou N2 Highschool, Hangzhou, China.
- 2012 - Teaching drawing and painting at Haida company, Hangzhou, China
Solo Exhibitions :
- 2016 - Peintures, La Louve Gallery, Arlon, Belgium.
- 2015 - D'Est en Ouest, Dubois-Friedland Gallery, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2014 - Quand le vent se lève, Dubois-Friedland Gallery, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2012 - Still (some) Life, Mie Lefever Gallery, Gent, Belgium.
- 2012 - Cream Slice, BAL - Museum of Fine Arts, Liege, Belgium.
Selected Group Exhibitions :
- 2019 - Mobil'Art, 9th Biennale of Contemporary Arts, Espace Premontres, Liege, Belgium.
- 2018 - Art Karlsruhe with Galerie Charron, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- 2018 - Louis Schmidt painting prize 2018, ULB Culture, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2017 - A single grain of rice, Galerie Metanoia, Paris, France.
- 2017 - Anonymat, ESA St-Luc, Liege, Belgium.
- 2017 - Bonjour Monsieur Magritte, Mazel Gallery, Brussels, Belgium.
- 2017 - Art Elysées with Galerie Charron, Paris, France.
- 2017 - Symbiose, Galerie Charron, Paris, France.
- 2017 - Art Bodensee with Galerie Charron, Dornbirn, Austria.
- 2017 - Galeries Bartoux, London, England.
- 2017 - Galeries Bartoux Elysées, Paris, France.
- 2017- Art Karlsruhe with Galerie Charron, Karlsruhe, Germany.
- 2015 - Dépendances, Salon du petit format, Crash Gallery, Lille, France.
- 2015 - Local Municipalities, Visual Kontakt Gallery, Oradea, Romania.
- 2015 - Espace Jeunes Artistes Rétrospective 2009/2014, Museum of Fine Arts (BAL), Liege, Belgium.
- 2014 - UNICEF CHARITY AUCTION- ''Contemporary Art in Belgium'', Cornette de Saint Cyr Auction House, Bruxelles, Belgium.
- 2014 - Qui-vive, Art space in Saulieu, France.
- The BoldBrush Award (April 2019)
- 9th Annual "Animals" Art competition - Special merit award, 2019 (LightSpaceTime).
- 9th annual "Animals" Art Competition - Special Recognition Award - Painting. 2019
- 1st Artslant prize 2017 showcase winner - Painting.
- 8th Artslant prize 2013 showcase winner - Painting.
- 3rd Artslant prize 2011 showcase winner - Painting.
- 2nd Artslant prize 2011 showcase winner - Painting.
- 1st Artslant 2011 showcase juried winner - Painting.
- Nominee of the Louis Schmidt painting prize 2018 (Belgium).
- Nominee of the Montaigne prize 2017, Culture category (Belgium).
- Nominee of the Young Artist prize, La Libre (Belgium).